No-Bake Blueberry Truffle Tartlets!
These little beauties, look scrumptious and so easy to make! They are sure to impress your house guests when your short on time for dessert, just add cream or ice cream, yum. Or to really impress, got the girls popping over for afternoon tea, why not make it high-tea style with these little tarts on your tiered cake stand… Either way they are delicious! Be sure to follow this ladies blogs, she has amazing recipes and absolutely divine photography.
I dont think I’ve ever met anyone who doesnt love Rocky Road!
It can be made with so many different ingredients and there are a lot of different variations.
Once you have the basics in control, add whatever you desire…. Yep that right pretty much anything!
I suggest these ingredients as your starting point:
- 500g melted chocolate (any kind)
- 1 Tbsp copha
- 200 g marshmallows (necessary ingredient I believe) = )
- Optional added variations:
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (whatever you like, even salted goes great with the sweetness)
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 100 grams of sweets
Substitute your sweets with any of the following:
- Glace Cherries
- Sweet dried fruit
- Turkish delight
- any colourful sweet lollies
Basically let your imagination run wild!!!
Don’t be scared to scale this recipe down and top your cakes or cup cakes with it or even add it to ice cream…
If you have any great Rocky Road ideas, comment below and share : )
Here is a good variation of Rocky Road I found from the Better Homes and Gardens web site:
This one looks a lot like a slice but sooooo yummy!
Preperation time: 15 mins (+ 1 hour chilling)
This slice is full of surprises and has something in it for everyone.
300g white chocolate
200g milk chocolate
300g dark chocolate
200g marshmallows, chopped
100g dried pineapple, chopped
60g shredded coconut
120g shortbread biscuits, broken into small pieces
80g salted peanuts, finely chopped
NotesThis rocky road uses dried pineapple, but you could use dried strawberries for a delicious change. They’ll add bright colour as well.
1. Line a 27 x 18cm slice pan with baking paper. Put white chocolate in a microwave-proof dish and melt on medium/50%. Repeat with milk chocolate and dark chocolate. Put marshmallow, pineapple, coconut and biscuit pieces in a large bowl.
2. Pour white chocolate into prepared slice pan, then top with half the marshmallow mixture. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until just firm. Pour over milk chocolate, then top with remaining marshmallow mixture. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until just firm.
3. Pour dark chocolate on top and scatter with peanuts. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Use a knife to mark into squares, then refrigerate for a further 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into pieces along marked lines to serve.
I also recently hosted a Tupperware party where we made rocky road in the classic Tupperware Jel Ring!
Raspberry Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
I’ve always been unsure about making ice cream, but this recipe looks nice and simple to follow… I will attempt it and post some of my pics shortly… 🙂
This recipe isn’t a ‘from scratch’ recipe, but if it’s succesful, I will attempt a harder one and keep you posted